Friday, March 4, 2011

"Blood Type Diet" or Vegan?


Well, the last almost 30 days I've been Vegan and loving it. (except for some extra gas from soy...gotta cut back on that! Lol!) Now I've re-discovered the "Blood Type Diet" and in my case, it makes sense! I read the book a long time ago but I didn't really adopt the practices of the diet, but I really feel that I should at least try and see if adopting it makes a difference. Now according to the diet, since I'm a Type O...

"More than any other blood type, O’s rely on physical exercise to maintain physical health and emotional balance. Dr. D’Adamo suggests that Type O’s engage in regular physical activity three to four times per week. For best results, engage in aerobic activity for thirty to forty five minutes at least four times per week. If you are easily bored, choose two or three different exercises and vary your routine."

Now does that sound like me?? Heck yes! Also, they go on to say...

"To avoid becoming overstressed, Dr. D’Adamo recommends following the Type O diet, which focuses on lean, organic meats, vegetables and fruits and avoid wheat and dairy which can be triggers for digestive and health issues in Type O. Additionally, he suggests that Type O’s avoid caffeine and alcohol."

Now, I can do that, except I want to stay away from the meats, organic or not! (I'll go back to my salmon and tilapia if I need to) Now...I'm over dairy and wheat (bread especially...I will miss wheat pasta) and I don't drink alcohol or coffee, so I can handle that. It also says I can still eat my Quinoa (Complete Vegan Protein) so I can still practice Veganism most of the time! I was worried about fish because I have considered eating some fish every once in awhile, but they answered my question...

"...a diet rich in saltwater fish and kelp to help regulate the thyroid gland..."

So...I'm going to still stay vegan until I do a little more research on this. Anyone out there with any experience with this diet or any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated!

No comments: